I’m delighted to say I finished up this sample for my friend, Jocelyn’s Serendipidye booth for her show over Labor Day weekend. I originally designed this shawl back in 2010 as part of a Shakespeare in Lace club that focused on the sonnets. It was written for 2 colors of laceweight merino, but Jocelyn’s Filoluscious base (a blend of alpaca, silk and cashmere) worked perfectly for it. We decided to go with a single color (shown here in Colleen, a soft herb-y green) and to keep the sample to a 2-skein project, I eliminated one of the larger border repeats and changed the bind-off to a picot hem.
With the slightly heavier yarn, this worked up as a very generous triangular shawl. After blocking, it finished up with an 88″ wingspan, and 37″ from back neck to hem. The cashmere and alpaca give it a lovely drape with just a bit of a halo (not enough to obscure the stitch patterns), and the silk content lends a beautiful drape to the finished piece.
I still need to get better full shot/modeled pictures so I can get the pattern updated for her, but I’m really pleased with how this turned out and it was great fun to revisit an old friend with this beautiful yarn!