This week has mostly been about trying to get my Misurina Tee finished up. It’s been a focus piece when I’ve had some knitting time in the evenings and I’m happy to report that I finished this one up! I’ve actually got it on today and it’s the perfect weight for our sunny but breezy spring weather. I did lengthen the body a bit and I worked 2 less rounds of sleeve cuff ribbing as I ran out of yarn on sleeve #2 and had to rip back sleeve #1 enough that I could finish the round and work the bind-off. (I only had 2 skeins of the gray so I just used what I had!)
And a closeup of the yoke, which really makes the sweater. (Now that it’s finished/blocked and relaxed a bit, I think you can see the pink poking through at the cable sections. This is how it looks on all the samples on Ravelry I checked out and it still bug me a bit but I’m going to wear it anyway. I don’t think there’s a way to camoflague those floats across so many stitches unless you worked the motifs as intarsia in the round and there is absolutely NO WAY I would ever want to do that.)
In other tidbits for the week, I finally got my wheel cleaned and oiled, put another bobbin on it and got started on the second 2 oz of the superwash merino spin that’s been languishing. Original fiber is from Oceanwind Knits and is the colorway “1967” based on a concert poster from The Doors that summer. I just want to get back to my #spin15aday practice and chip away at this. I’d like to try to get the bobbins cleared off in time for maybe one quick spin in June before the Tour de Fleece kicks off in early July.
Finally, I started on the side borders and the triangular thunderbird motif on the right side of my Desert Mandala. I plan to work on this a bit this afternoon since the wind’s picking up again and it will likely be smoky as the fire is still burning off to our west.
That’s it for me this week YOP’ers!