A bit late on this week’s post as we were traveling for a mini vacation this weekend (a travel post coming shortly), but here’s what I worked on this week:
I cast on for the Break of Dawn shawl from Woolenberry. I have a lot (A LOT!) of single random skeins of beautiful fingering-weight yarns, quite a few of which are not suitable for socks, but which have been languishing in stash for a while and I want them to have a life. I added to my list of goals to try to work through the skeins of yarn under 500 yards and this is the first one I randomly grabbed from those bins. This is a 50/50 blend of silk and merino, hand-dyed by my friend, Kim at The Woolen Rabbit in the color Rose Quartz. It’s a dark plum-red with a beautiful shine and drape. This pattern calls for slightly more yarn than I have in this 375-yard skein so I may wind up with one less partial repeat of the lace, but it’s still working up beautifully. Thanks to a lot of car knitting this weekend, I am actually almost finished it already and plan to get it off the needles and blocked this week.
I also made some (very) limited progress on my Misurina Tee. I’m about 75% done the yoke. I’ll do the next set of increases and then put it on a couple of long circulars and measure yoke depth and circumference with a light blocking to make sure I’m on track with everything. I’m not sure I 100% love how the floats are drifting to the surface on the edges of the cable detail in real life, so I want to see how that looks blocked as well. In looking closely at some of the detail photos of the yoke, it looks to be an issue and I know it will bug me if I can see them so…. we will decide how I feel about it after I do all of the above.
I also have made some progress on my Battenberg Blanket. I’m now at a 6 x 6 square and still enjoying working on this one, so I will continue to add in blocks in bits and bobs. I am thinking I may work to an 8 x 8 size (which would be 25% of the blanket minus the border) and then make three other 8 x 8 sets to joint together so this stays pretty small and portable. Progress may slow for a bit on this as I also want to start a Beach Walk blanket this month – more details on that once I get some squares worked up in the next couple of weeks.
That’s it for me this week. I had a miniscule amount of spinning and about the same progress on my Desert Mandala so I will save those to share next week!