A few new things to chat about this week. I finished by Color Frenzy cowl and you can read all the details on that fun knit in my post from Friday (2 days ago).
I’ve been working on a new colorwork project. This is the Cinnamon Stars cowl, designed by Baroque Purls. The original was knit using 2 hand-dyed tonals but I wanted to try out a slightly different approach. I started with a very dark variegated yarn from deep stash, Northern Lights from The Cyborg’s Craftroom, on her sock base, and then pulled 8 light colors in a sort-of gradient from Miss Babs Yummy Sock minis in pale purples, grays and dusty blues. I have 24 repeats of the star pattern in the cowl to knit, so I’ll repeat the color sequence 3 times in total. I’ve knit the first repeat of 8, plus one more to get started on the middle set. I’m loving how this looks already!
I’m still working on the cabled socks test knit (so unfortunately no pictures to share) after a bit of a hiccup with the numbers, which the designer had to rework to make things fit better. So I frogged what I had done (down to the top of the heel) and restarted those with her new numbers, which improved the fit immensely. I will also have photos this week of the big cabled wrap I preview knit for Brooklyn Tweed when that goes live on the 15th.
I’ve also been doing a bit of spinning, and completed the two bobbins of singles in my Finnsheep spin. Original roving was from Two If By Hand in the Quick Quotes Quill colorway. I’m hoping to get the plying done this week!
I have fallen down the rabbit hole that is crocheted blanket squares and felt confident enough with my basic skills to start a Battenburg Blanket (design by Cherry Heart in the UK). I’m using sock yarn scraps for mine and working on the colorful blocks right now. These will be interspersed with plain off-white blocks to join everything together – when I get that far.
Finally, I’m in the home stretch in the current page of the pattern I’m cross-stitching for my Winter’s Encounter piece. I think 1 or 2 short stitching sessions will get that partial page down at the bottom finished and I’ll be just about at the 50% mark for this project!
Finally, this upcoming week I’ve got two new cast-ons planned. One is a simple eyelet cowl in Aran weight that should knit up quickly, and the other is a Misurina Tee that I’m knitting as part of a KAL. I’m looking forward to both of those – details to come next week!