A few non-Year of Projects things on the go right now of note:
Sprocket Socks. Pattern is by Pip and Pin and it’s a fun way to use up some minis or sock yarn scraps. I’ve finished sock #1 and have made it through the heel of sock #2. Hoping to finish this pair up this week. An IG friend saw these and loved them so they’ll be heading to her once they’re finished up. This color scheme is really outside my normal choices but just goes to show it’s good to expand your options occasionally as I like them a lot!
I think I’ve mentioned previously that I’m working on a set of blanket squares using Kate Davies’s Birlinn blanket pattern, which is written for DK, but which I’m using sock yarn scraps for. The original pattern calls for, I believe, 36 squares, but since I’m knitting this with a lighter gauge yarn, I’ll wind up needing more. Honestly tho? I have SO many minis and oddments of sock-weight yarn, I plan to just keep knitting these until I have a batch that I like that makes a square or rectangle and then I’ll put them all together (and then probably start another). Each square uses about 35 yards of sock yarn (about 32 for the colored patterned portion and 2-3 yards for the border – I’m just using a plain undyed sock yarn for the borders so everything will match). This week I’ve finished 2 more blocks to add to the group below, and I’ve got a couple more I’d like to knit this month as well.
Finally, I have gotten through about 75% of the first sleeve of the Oregon Autumn Cardigan from Alice Starmore. I have the final leaf motif and cuff ribbing left to go to finish the sleeve up, and I’m going to try to accomplish that this weekend while my DH is out of town again.