Just a few small things to update this week. I’ve been kind of under the weather and between that and the kitchen remodel, not a lot of time to focus on projects.
I did cast on a hat project to use the remaining few hundred yarns of a Carodan Farm Shop worsted-weight I had in stash. I’m using the March Hat pattern from Meghan Babin (which is a freebie) and have knit the ribbing and started on the patterned portion of the hat.
I also got the wreath and ribbon motifs cut out and fused to the background on my wool applique project. Hoping I can get the other motifs cut out and affixed this week so I can start stitching them down. My DH and I were supposed to take a long weekend away in the camper next weekend but I’m kind of waiting to see if I can kick whatever this thing is or if I’ll send him on alone, but this would be a nice project to have to work on if we do go.
No other progress this week on my spinning or other YOP knitting pieces. Monday was taken up entirely having our countertops replaced, and Tues/Wed were mostly focused on wiping down all the surfaces in the kitchen/dining area and the living room since everything was covered with dust from having the countertop openings cut for the sink and the cooktop after they installed everything. This week we’re supposed to have water hooked back up in the kitchen, which I am very much looking forward to as carting pots and dishes back and forth from the bathroom is kind of a pain. Once all that is done, we’re hoping we can get an electrician in to deal with some additional circuits and rewiring we need to have to bring everything up to code – so lots going on in the noncrafting world!