Progress continues on my Stillness Shawl, design by Helen Stewart. I hit the 50% mark on it this week, and I’m now working on the textured star section in the silver gray. I’ll keep working along on this over the next week and see if I can get to around the 75% mark.
This week, the small red buttons I was waiting on also arrived and I took the opportunity to get those attached and then finished up my Vintage Campers wool applique project. This came as mostly a kit with the fabric and most of the buttons (not sure what happened but I was missing 2 of the small red ones, and all of the small white ones that were supposed to go on the trees on top of the camper. I substituted a gold metallic thread for some long-stitch embroidery instead and I really like how that turned out.) I also used red thread to buttonhole-stitch the front to the plain black backing since I wanted it to show up a bit more than the black thread that was called for. The pattern is from Buttermilk Basin and it was a really fun stitch. I’m planning on using it on the holiday table with a Lenox vase I was given from a great-aunt – I usually put greenery of some kind in it. It’s not too big and not too small – just right for this piece.
So one more project crossed off the “finished” list. I haven’t decide which applique project I’ll pick up next but it will likely be a smaller “mug rug” sized one out of the monthly series of kits I have, either December, October or July.