It’s been a month since I started the 101 Things in 1001 Days challenge and I’ve started several of the items on the challenge list and even finished up a few. If you’d like to keep track with me, I’ve got the entire list I’m updating as I go here on the blog, or you can follow the list with all my notes and details over here on the Day Zero site.
Finished Things in the last 30 days:
- Read 3 new-to-me authors: This wasn’t a tough one since I read a lot.
- Try a new fitness type: I’d never taken a Pilates class, but I really enjoyed this style of exercise and have a couple of instructors I now follow online for their classes.
- Revamp resume and update LinkedIn profile: These were both overdue and I’m happy to have accomplished both of them in one day.
- Choose 101 Things Journal: I opted for an easy-to-expand traveller’s notebook setup and started journaling in a very casual way my progress.
- Watch the full moon rise: We had a lovely evening out on the deck in late August with a glass of wine and pre-dinner snacks watching the moon come up over the Sangres mountains.
- Visit the Los Alamos community garden: I’ve driven by this a hundred times when I’m up in town but never actually stopped. Totally worth the visit – there were still some lovely blooms but the signs of fall were visible too.
I’m also working on several other longer-term things on the list: Books to be read, yarn yardage to knit up, consistent exercise goals, etc. My biggest hurdle is remembering to update the list but I do like the upgrades to the Day Zero site where you can create sublists and checklists for yourself, or add in some notes so you can at least remember if you’ve included a book or a week’s worth of effort into the longer-term goals. It’s been really fun to have a motivator to try out some new recipes and look for some new online classes. This weekend I’ll be doing the first of 12 virtual 5K runs, and plan to work on more of the “to be knit” yardage goals as well!
Do you have any long-term goals you’re working towards?