It’s well and truly feeling like summer here these days – highs in the mid-80s to low-90s and wind. I am not a hot-weather girl AT ALL, so this kind of weather finds me retreating inside with a book, iced tea and crafting projects. I don’t know if I’m just on half-speed because of the heat or if I just feel that way, but I’m really looking forward to the weekend for a whole bunch of reasons!
Here’s my want-to-do list for the next few days:
1. I’ve got another small load of items to drop off for Big Brothers/Big Sisters – in my ongoing downsizing tasks. That’ll feel good.
2. I’d like to finish up Realm Breaker. I’ve only got about 100 pages left and it’s getting to the final nail-biting scenes.
3. I want to get the heel turned and start on the foot of my Driftwood Sock #1. That’s a good relatively mindless project I can work on and read at the same time.
4. I also want to get 15 rounds completed on my Oregon Cardigan. That’ll be half of the 30 rounds I need to knit to meet my July check-in goal for this project in the Harry Potter group.
5. I’d also like to finish the next 2 oz of singles I’m spinning for my Mission project, also due in July.
6. Finally, if I have time, I thought it would be smart and helpful to pull the yarns and group them together with the patterns I’ve selection for my Year of Projects that will kick off July 1. I might not get to this last item, but I can at least make a start on it.
Happy weekending everyone!