For WIP Wednesday this week, I’m going to add in my current reading list as well – so here it goes…. everything I’m in the middle of right now.
1. I cast on for Romi Hill’s Waikoloa Beach shawl for my Harry Potter group Quidditch match #3 for the spring term. I’m using a skein of Bare Naked Wools Finn Dandy and a skein of Feederbrook Farms sportweight for this (so 2 colors instead of 3 is the current plan). I’m working on the plain stockinette section at the top but here’s what it looks like so far.
2. I’m working on my In Stillness cardigan by Alicia Plum as well. I’ve gotten the body finished and I’m ready to start the sleeves next, although I will be focusing on some other smaller projects for a bit.
3. I cast on for a pair of Driftwood Socks – my design, but I’m knitting these using Sweet Sparrow Yarns House Wren in The Irish Hare colorway from her Celtic Myth club.
I have a few more of my planned June projects that will likely get cast on soon-ish, but since the shawl needs to be done on June 19th, I’m going to focus on that for a while.
- The Invisible Life of Addy LaRue by VE Schwab. I started this audiobook and I’m already entranced with this story. All the reviews I’ve read seem pretty accurate and I think this will be another favorite read of the year.
- All the Better Part of Me by Molly Ringle. I thought this was going to be maybe too much of a cute rom-com for me, but the storyline has taken a bit of a turn into more life reality, and I am zooming through this one. (I stayed up WAY too late reading it last night). I’ll likely be done with it in the next day or so!
- Finally I started Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard while waiting for an appointment yesterday morning. I’ve read mixed reviews on this one but I’m only 25 pages in so I’ll reserve judgment until I am further into the book. More epic fantasy than I might be in the mood for, but it was my book subscription for May so I want to read it and try to keep up with those once-a-month boxes.