I’ve decided to jump into the 20 Books of Summer challenge that Cathy over at 746Books.com is hosting.
My TBR list has kind of blown up recently. There are so many fantastic books out there I really want to read, so between the ones I have lurking on my Kindle, and the box of books my dad sends me every 6 weeks or so in print, it’s gotten to the point I need to really focus on whittling the list down. I’m also jumping into Completely Melanie’s TBR Knockout Challenge starting today so between these 2 challenges, I’m hoping to make some progress on that!
The challenge is to read 20 books between June 1st and September 1st, 2021. I’m going to start myself off with 20. I’ll reassess mid-July and see if I’m anywhere close to getting these read, and if I need to, will drop that number back to 15 (or 10 if it’s really crazy-busy around here). I’m choosing a mix of print, Kindle and a few audiobooks since that should cover all the ways I like to read, and certainly will give me plenty to pick from! So here’s my list:
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab. (audiobook version)
- Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard. (print) This will also be my June Completely Melanie challenge pick for a cover with more than 4 colors.
- All the Better Part of Me by Molly Ringle. (Kindle) This will also be my June Completely Melanie challenge pick for a LGBTQ+ book for Pride month.
- Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman. (Kindle)
- Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman. (Kindle)
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune. (print) This will also be my July Completely Melanie challenge pick for a book with an island or beach setting.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. (Kindle) This will also be my July Completely Melanie challenge pick for a book with a word related to “hot” (using Ember for this) in the title.
- Roanoke: Solving the Mystery of the Lost Colony by Lee Miller. (Kindle) This will also be my August Completely Melanie challenge pick for a non-fiction book.
- The Black Witch by Laurie Forest (Kindle) This will also be my August Completely Melanie challenge pick for a book set at a school/university.
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterland. (print)
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn. (audiobook)
- Tidelands by Philippa Gregory. (Kindle)
- House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin Craig (Kindle).
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (Kindle).
- The Hummingbird by Stephen Kiernan (Kindle).
- Skinwalker by Faith Hunter (Kindle).
- A Witch In Time by Constance Sayers (print).
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (Kindle).
- TBD print book from book crate – July.
- TBD print book from book crate – August.
I’m reserving the right to switch out a book or two as needed as well. If I get through audiobooks more quickly than I usually do, I may slot another one of those in to replace a Kindle book version. I also have a birthday at the end of July and I’ve put several books on my wish list so if one/more than one of those arrives I may also slot a new gift book into the list as well.